- Information for Etchells States Competitors
- Etchells Facebook posts
- Nationals/ States T-shirts available $30 each
- 2020 Etchells Australian Championship at Royal Brighton Yacht Club – Overall
- 2020 Etchells Australian Championship at Royal Brighton Yacht Club – Day 4
- Etchells: Ensuring and enshrining singularity and uniformity
- 2020 Etchells Australian Championship Day 2
- 2020 Etchells Australian Championship Day 1
- Schedule for Wednesday 8 January
- Class Measurer Shaun Ritson
The Melbourne Etchells Fleet home is at Royal Brighton Yacht Club on Port Phillip, where we are fortunate enough to sail every week on one of the best yacht racing tracks in the world. With its large, open expanse of water and full range of conditions, Port Phillip has time and again proved itself as an ideal place to sail Etchells. The Melbourne Fleet is very proud of the quality of racing we have each week and the quality of racing we host.
Etchells are by far the most popular one-design keelboat in Australia; attracting both local heroes and, when they are not at work on America’s Cups, the Grand Prix Sailing circuit or around the world races, the cream of Australian (and international) sailors.
An Australian Championship is held every year and is rotated around the States in which there are Etchells fleets. The Australian Etchells Class Association has contributed strong Class leadership and has been host to nine World Championships.
This year the Australian Championship will be held at Royal Brighton Yacht Club (RBYC) from 7-12 January 2020, followed by the State Titles in March 2020.
RBYC has won the right to run the World Championship in 2023 – so there is a heightened interest in the Fleet and the regatta venue.
Etchells Australia are thinking of those who are affected by the fires and keen to take the opportunity to raise funds to assist the victims of this terrible disaster. As a mark of respect all competitors at the Nationals flew ribbons from their boat’s backstays during the regatta. We used the “off water” activities as an opportunity to raise money for the bushfire relief effort. A donated North Sails jib was raffled during the regatta.
It would be great if you could add a donation, no matter how small.